How to move Exchange 2010 database log files to other disk?
We have configured 2 Exchange 2010 servers hosting 4 databases in a DAG. All databases and the log files are on different disks. Because the log disks were to small we decided to move the log files to another disk. The problem is that in a DAG configuration there is no option to move the “database path”. This option is only available after deleting all database copies. Because we didn’t want to remove the database copies we did the following on ALL DAG members:
1. Add the new log disks to the server.
2. Create the same folder structure and set all NTFS permissions.
3. Dismount all databases.
4. Stop all Exchange services.
5. Copy all log files to the new disk.
6. Start all Exchange services
7. Mount all databases
This procedure also works for moving a database to a larger disk.